Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Man of the People, Friend of the Senate (LB - IV)

Senatus Populus Quiritium Romanus ... the Senate and the Citizens of Rome; for these I serve.

I have always tried to be a man of the people. I light-heartedly dismiss obsequious toads who seek to impress me by recounting my titles and honors. I know my resume ... I do not need to have it repeated to me. The most common citizens could, if my name were Joe, call me Joe. I am first a Roman Citizen.

I have been a Roman soldier. I am now a Roman leader. I have reformed the Army, not because it was weak, but because it could be better. Peace through Strength ... he who would have Peace must prepare for War. We owe it to the troops.

And I am a friend of the Senate, despite the ignominius start to my office. The Senate is supposed to represent all that is good of the Roman people. Unlike my predecessors, I nominate able persons to the Senate, men of good character. No horses need apply.

This post is part of the GBBMC "Grassroots Blogger Book Marketing Campaign" (see Kevin Apgar's site here for further details) in support of Paul Davidson's book The Lost Blogs: From Jesus to Jim Morrison, which you can order via Amazon. Kudos to Claire for getting me interested in this. Take a look at her posts and guess who she is playing this week.

In the meantime, if you can guess who I have chosen for a character, enter your guess by using the comments section. Thanks for playing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Final guess, only it isn’t a guess anymore.

You built massive fortifications on the Danube, you loved Athens, and you built a wall to keep out those pesky Caledonians.

S.P.Q.R. Rome salutes you Hadrian!

12:07 PM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Julias Caesar?

1:35 AM, April 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home