Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Monday, April 10, 2006

Public Servant (LB - I)

40 days out of the capital to inspect the handiwork of our troops. A show of might, or a practical defense and toll-station? I learned my lesson at the Danube, that sometimes one must make a stand even where it seems least practical. But this is a good location ... it has a basis in geography.

I'll let history judge me. We will see how my works stand the test of time, how long I am remembered. I didn't really want this job, but someone must do it to ensure that the peace and prosperity of the people are secured. This was thrust upon me by my predecessor, my adoptive father. But I swear to the gods I will do my best. I will ride throughout all of the provinces to understand the problems they face. And I will establish the majesty of the empire once and for all.

This post is part of the GBBMC "Grassroots Blogger Book Marketing Campaign" (see Kevin Apgar's site here for further details) in support of Paul Davidson's book The Lost Blogs: From Jesus to Jim Morrison, which you can order via Amazon. Kudos to Claire for getting me interested in this. Take a look at her posts and guess who she is playing this week.

In the meantime, if you can guess who I have chosen for a character, enter your guess by using the comments section. Thanks for playing!

14 Comments:

Blogger JillWrites said...

I have it narrowed down to a few... centuries' worth of people. Intriguing.

4:46 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Poz Mikey said...

Not sure yet who it is. Some one from Rome or Greece maybe?

4:47 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger nicolegail said...

Hmmmm...I have a few guesses, but they're probably not right! Looking forward to your next post.

5:04 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Karl said...

No earthly idea. Yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll be closer to the answer.

5:12 PM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Jill, I have it narrowed down, but only to a half dozen or so. Time will tell.

5:48 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Suzi said...

Wow, good clues in there, Mike! I wanted to email you my guess, but I don't see an email address for you. I don't want to spoil the game!

Does his name start with H, and he's pretty damn famous?

8:10 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger suze said...

i have a few ideas! looking forward to tomorrow's post.

8:27 PM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Danube, eh? Testing our geography, I see!

9:24 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Matt said...

Hmm. Could it be Suleiman the Magnificent of the Ottoman Empire?

11:00 PM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading about ten or so of these Lost Blogs, I've realized that I don't know jack about history.

12:03 AM, April 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are making me feel so dumb. Of all the lost bloggers I've surfed today, the only one whose identity I am sure of is mine!

6:08 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

My guess Gaius Julius Cesar.;-)

12:16 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm guessing a roman ruler whose name begins with the letter C.

10:44 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

No, not with a C

4:24 AM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home