Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Audience Participation Time ...

Don't be shy ... go ahead and participate by comment. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see this?

I'm curious to hear your first thoughts, because there is one phrase I hear 8 times out of 10 when I am standing in the grocery check-out line buying a 12-pack of the stuff. Both from other customers as well as the check-out clerk. And I want to see if you have the same gut reaction.

Based on what I hear, you would think I am the only person in America still drinking the stuff, but that can't be since it can still (occasionally) be found on the shelves.

It actually conjurs up the funny image of people at the Coca Cola® Company staring at a map with push-pins in 6 locations across America and wondering why the demand for Tab® is only at those locations.

I couldn't find Tab® (dare I say "Classic"),which is $3.99 for a 12-pack, in New York last month ... they have re-packaged it as Tab Energy® (along the lines of Red Bull®), which they are selling for $7.99 for a 4-pack. But one can still find Tab® ("Classic") elsewhere across the country.

They call me Tab Hunter!

Tab, Tab Energy, and Coca Cola are registered trademarks of the Coca Cola Company. Red Bull is a registered trademark of Red Bull GmBH Ltd. Liab. Co. Austria. Always read the tiny print!

3 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind is my mother in a crocheted bikini back in the 70's! Seriously. But that's probably not what you hear from 8 out of 10 people, eh?

We used to drink Tab (and Fresca) by the gallon all summer. I have no idea if it's still available in Canada.

7:47 PM, April 08, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly - the first thing I thought of was the movie "9 to 5." I have no idea why . . . I never claimed to be sane.

8:26 PM, April 08, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

Thanks for playing ... The two of you would fall into the 2 out 10 category, but they were interesting answers nonetheless.

Christina: Don't know if I should start singing "Chrissy's mom has got it going on" or cover my eyes and say "WTMI!"

Claire: "9 to 5" came out during Tab's second wind, so I would not be surprised if there was some serious product placement that has burned into our brains.

12:21 AM, April 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home