Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Friday, March 31, 2006

It's been a quiet week ...

I didn't see any interesting job opportunities in the various quarters in which I looked, but interestingly enough a couple of unsolicited indications of interest arrived in my mailbox. Rotterdam and Seattle.

Go figure. I don't know if Rotterdam is worth pursuing, although it would keep me in the neighborhood, which is good for the Partnerin. Seattle, on the other hand, looks quite interesting (job wise, though it is also a pretty city) ... the Partnerin liked what little she saw in "Sleepless in Seattle" and the lovely Frankfurt weather has conditioned her for long stretches of rain, but I don't know if this is something she is up to.

As for the irons in the fire with German companies, the one that rejected me based on my exorbitant salary expectations has yet again reposted the same job, but this time with somewhat lower experience requirements, which is lending a lot of credence to my hypothesis that they would prefer cheap and German rather than going for experienced and foreign.

3 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Seattle's a fantastic city, but yeah, there are drawbacks there too.

11:40 AM, April 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in seattle and would have to say if the offer is good... that would be a great choice!

2:29 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

I actually toyed with moving there 10 years ago, but before I could pull the plug on NYC I was made an offer I could not refuse, and that was followed not long after with the offer I could not refuse that brought me to Germany.

I've done a couple weeks here and there on that side of the continent, and I would really enjoy the change of scenery if the added incentive were there. Don't want to drag the Parnterin half-way around the world unless I can keep her in the same style she's keeping me in now ;~)

8:09 PM, April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home