Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

YAZ ... Yet Another Zeugnis

I didn't have much to show for the fact that I have spent several years in Germany ... well, aside from a nice Partnerin, a little money, a lot of good memories, and stuff like that which will get you no-where with a prospective employer.

So I sat for the Zertifikat Deutsch (baby steps here ... couldn't get the school to sign off on me being up to ZMP without at least pretending to have studied for it and giving them a bit of cash).

And true to German form, the Zeugnis arrived 8 weeks to the day it was promised. They actually told me to expect it in 6 to 8 weeks, and I was hopeful that it would take only 6, so why am I surprised that it took the full 8 weeks? They can teach you to speak like a German (sort of), but not necessarily how to think, act, or wait like one.

But hey, now I have documentation that shows I can do Deutsch if I really have to. And the German companies have to believe it because it has a nice, raised seal that makes it official.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home