Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Always Under Way (LB - II)

The damp and cold of this wretched stretch of water are getting to me. I miss my beloved Athens; It was at this station that I was my happiest. Between the provinces and the capital, I despair that I shall never see her again.

The trip to the north was short. The Caledonians were their normal, cursed selves, but we have shown them our full might. The works are outstanding, but I could not help tweaking them a bit here and there. It's what I do for fun.

But now, we are off to deal with the Mauretanians. And I hear the Parthians are making noises. May the Furies descend upon them if they drag me back into that part of the world.

This post is part of the GBBMC "Grassroots Blogger Book Marketing Campaign" (see Kevin Apgar's site here for further details) in support of Paul Davidson's book The Lost Blogs: From Jesus to Jim Morrison, which you can order via Amazon. Kudos to Claire for getting me interested in this. Take a look at her posts and guess who she is playing this week.

In the meantime, if you can guess who I have chosen for a character, enter your guess by using the comments section. Thanks for playing!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this post completely blew away what I was originally thinking the answer might be. Time to restrategerize.

3:53 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rats - you went a different way. Hmm, I may have to do a google search to try and figure this out. I cannot figure out is it Roman or Greek.

4:14 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Karl said...

Yeah, stupid history class. Very nicely written but I'll have to wait at least another day to hazard a guess.

5:09 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger JillWrites said...

If I can't sleep tonight, I'm going to Google all night until I narrow this down.

3:30 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:07 AM, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! I think I know!

6:40 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

If not Gaius Iulius Caesar then perhaps his adopted nephew Octavius, who later becomes Augustus. But there is one catch; it was Mark Anthony who truly loved Athens.

But then you throw me for a loop with all this Caledonian stuff; Ancient tribes of Scotland. Humm...time to resort to Google which gives me the name “Agricola”.

12:00 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home