Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Consummate Politician (LB - III)

A lot of people have commented that I was the consummate suck-up to Father, but I find the notion absurd. The old man and I simply enjoyed our wine together. That he should choose me to follow in his footsteps was an honor placed in the confidence of my ability and not a simply a favor.

It turns out I can buy peace. The Parthians merely wanted to be rid of the ruler Father had installed over them. No problem there. I must also tend to executive appointments in some of the other provinces and protectorates.

I've heard a lot of moaning about taxes under Father, and I have endeavored to lighten the load where possible. On my own boyhood home, however, I have had to raise the load. They have not been too happy about this, so I have chosen to winter here so that I can better make the case. Although the locals are angry, only one of them has actually set upon me. Turns out he was simply mad. To the doctors with him. No sense executing a crazy man. And never show fear.

Some of the men have been a little too friendly with the wife. I need to do something with them. Forget not from whence ye came.

This post is part of the GBBMC "Grassroots Blogger Book Marketing Campaign" (see Kevin Apgar's site here for further details) in support of Paul Davidson's book The Lost Blogs: From Jesus to Jim Morrison, which you can order via Amazon. Kudos to Claire for getting me interested in this. Take a look at her posts and guess who she is playing this week.

In the meantime, if you can guess who I have chosen for a character, enter your guess by using the comments section. Thanks for playing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

No guess yet...keep 'em coming!

7:31 PM, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I was absent that day of school...more hints please!

8:09 PM, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throw me a bone! No clue.

2:51 AM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home