Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect

Weather looks OK, airplane is available, and I'm thinking about flying to Berlin tomorrow. New territory for me in a Cessna-172, so I fired up the simulator and gave it a quick run through. Now we just have to see how things look tomorrow morning. If not Berlin, maybe somewhere in between.

My game computer has an Athlon64 3500+ with 2GB of RAM and runs Windows XP Professional 64, which does a great job of handling complex graphics that bog down the "older" 32-bit machines. The only problem is that none of the major internet security software suites (Symantec, McAfee, etc) make anti-virus software for this OS. I wasn't to thrilled to trust the machine to Avast at first, but I warmed to it when I realized it was the only real alternative. I am hoping that the release of Windows Vista will boost the demand for 64-bit security before this machine is obsolete. I built it nearly 18 months ago, and it still has a lot of power under the hood, but it is getting old in computer years.

Oh well, on to Tempelhof (can't wait to pay that landing fee!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun and give my regards to Berlin!

11:38 PM, February 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home