Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Friday, June 02, 2006

Is the Glass Half Full or Half Empty?

Do enough quirky posts and you are bound to get some interesting search engine hits. I still think my favorite is "Cyanide Robbers Die," although the story was bizarre enough that I can understand someone looking for it. But today brought this gem from Google ...

"What does it mean is the glass half full or half empty?"

Yep, someone in the United States is not clear on what that means. So, I gladly send you and anyone else interested in the topic of Motivation over to Despair.com, where you can find the lovely "Pessimist's Mug" pictured above and a variety of other things like de-motivational posters, calendars and books.

I would ordinarily tell you that "The glass is half-empty, now deal with it!" But with a treasure trove like this, I'm not so sure myself that things are so bad. As the company head says in his book, The Art of Demotivation, "it really could be worse."

Really, you've got to check it out, especially if you have been down-sized, outsourced, etc. You'll want to send a few items along to the poor schmucks who are still toiling away at your old company.

And if you have pesky employees of your own, check out the video on addressing employee complaints.

1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

I love despair.com! Their posters are great.

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.


(Good luck with your taxes!)

1:47 PM, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home