Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Go There #001
The Zehnthof, Kiedrich (Rheingau)

Schnitzel just like Grandma used to make, fried in Butter. I started to order this with a side of fries, but then I remembered where I was ... bratkartoffeln also fried in butter. Actually, I think it is a combination of butter and schmalz, as if you needed more fat, but you can taste the butter. More importantly, you can actually feel the texture of the Schnitzel's bread-crumb coating as it hits your tongue.

Schnitzel, bratkartoffeln, salad, and Coke (I have to drive) run a grand total of EUR 10.40, which I round up to EUR 12.00 for the fast and friendly service. Might not seem like much of a tip by American standards, but the waitress thanks me in English.

Go there ... the decor will look tired, but at least it is paid for. The food is good and the price is right.

Oberstrasse 1
65399 Kiedrich

50° 02' 26" N
8° 05' 01" E

I doubt you will need a reservation. But keep in mind that this place is closed on Friday's ... go figure, most places chose Monday.

It's not a big town. Walk around a bit and enjoy it. If you don't find the Zehnthof, you will find at least 6 other places (most are Strausswirtschaften) to take a look at. If you are not shy about sitting with strangers, you will find a place at one of them, maybe. They fill up fast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love stuff like this! However, I can feel my cholesterol skyrocket when I am looking at the picture.

10:38 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Maribeth said...

You are killin' me ya know! This is like my favorite meal of all time. And since I am on this stupid diet, I am quite literally sitting here drooling!

8:59 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Haddock said...

I love Schnitzel as well, and I always seem to get hungry when I vist here lately! :)

8:07 AM, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

Claire: Yep, I might as well tie my arm off and inject the butter.

Maribeth: If it's any consolation, I only allow myself this after walking about 5 miles.

Haddock: I'm still working behind the scenes on the Der Burgermeister site ... and it is Weinfest time. So many research opportunities, so little time.

9:36 AM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home