Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Where in the World is Elvis ...
And what is he doing there?

Audience Participation Time ... we're playing for a tray of Rupert's delicious deli-meats, which the winner can pick up at their own expense in New York. That's right, get the right answer, and if you can fly yourself to New York and take a cab, subway, whatever to Rupert's Hello Deli just around the corner from the CBS Late Night studio at the Ed Sullivan Theater, I will at least buy the tray of meat. I unfortunately won't have the Letterman Babes to present it.

Two part question: This is Elvis, if you can't tell. He's at 50° 21.511' N 8° 44.844 E ... Where is he? What is that structure he so proudly adorns?


Contest Rules

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's a trick question because the answer is 50° 21.511' N 8° 44.844 E. And well I'm not flying to NY to pick up my prize... Anyhow - I don't have a clue but I'm no Elvis buff so I don't feel all that bad.

7:31 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Rich said...

And the winner is....... Me! Holy crap it is going to be me! Wheeee! O.K. This photo was taken in Bad Nauheim, Germany. While Elvis was stationed in Friberg, he lived in Bad Nauheim. This must be a photo of the tithe barn. Or is it called the Graduation Works.It is said that a photo of this barn at the entrance to the castle was used on an Elvis album cover, but I can find no truth to that rumor. Oh Yea!!! Pay me! Can I get a beer to go with the deli-meats.

9:46 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

Expat Traveller: Well, you technically got half-way through.

Rich: Way to go ... solid on the location, and acceptable on the structure ... If I had been giving this more thought, I would have asked for contestants to explain the purpose(s) of the structure. Anyway, you win the tray of meat ... are you in New York in the next 30 days? Or I might simply buy you a couple of Bratwursts in the neighborhood. Congratulations.

1:53 AM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Haddock said...

Shit I wish I was here earlier. I see that structure everyday from the train on my way into Frankfurt.
I have always been curious as to what the structure is and what its purpose is. From the train it looks like some type of hedging inside it.
Can you please enlighten me as to the structure :)

9:56 AM, May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home