Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Is the Glass Half Full or Half Empty?

That's a question for another day, as the glass here is clearly empty. And that's the point. The glass is spotless. Very interesting.

I've been buying the same name brand multi-tab (dishwasher detergent) for years, but for the last several months the dishes have all had a film. I thought it was a Klarspuler issue, so I kept adding that. It would clear up for a load or two, and then the film returned. I thought the dishwasher itself might be going on the fritz.

Then I run out of name-brand multi-tabs, so I run across the street to the market. All they have are the generic brand multi-tabs (If you live in Germany, you probably know the blue and white generic brand I am talking about but not by name).

They cost half as much, but they seem after five or so loads of dishes to be consistently delivering cleaner dishes.

Is it just me, or is the generic stuff really that good?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The generic is pretty good - and you have too much time on your hands my friend! LOL!

7:12 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Haddock said...

We haven't tried the generic tabs.....but we might do now! :)

1:51 AM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Karl said...

Yeah, it's just you. ha.

6:20 AM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger christina said...

Ah,Klarspüler issues, one of my favourite subjects. :-)We always buy generic tabs, but not always the same 'brand' and I've been happy with them but I have no comparison since I've never tried a name brand. I have noticed that some tabs seem to be more aggressive than others, though, and will strip the decor right off the coffee mugs.

7:51 AM, May 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home