Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Just for the Record

For the record, I don't feel smarter than people who do Sudoku. I am in fact in awe of their patience. Sometimes, like in trying to calculate the local maxima or minima of a production function, calculus is the easiest way to get the answer, and the point was that one of my bad habits is my laziness and the other is the occasional ... no, constant ... need to be a show-off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

I had a head injury 21 years ago and various parts of my brain were, let's say, zapped. My math center was one of them. Even the simplest math problem, is a real problem for me.
So when my sister tells me how smart she is because she does the Sudoku, I smile and say, "Yes, but did you learn to read, write and tie your shoes when you were 26?"

12:40 PM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home