Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

This is Captain America Calling

That damn song (actually it's called "Catch Me Now I'm Falling")had been kicking around my head for more than a week (don't know why ... these things just happen), but I couldn't find my copy of Low Budget by The Kinks, so off to Amazon.de to order another. Suppose I could have obtained it elsewhere on the net, but I once figured out that the cost of my time to find a "free" version is roughly triple the cost to simply buy one. The internet always was a pikers heaven ... the rest of us simply pay cash.

This was one of those albums that made 1979 an interesting musical year. It was, after all, the re-awakening of musical tastes and sensibilities after that long, dark period called the Disco Era.

Heck, it even has saxophones ... I can't think of the last time I heard one of those on a pop album. Very 1970's indeed.

It has taken the place of Jamiroquai on the MP3 player. Lasgo's "Some Things" has pushed off the Pet Shop Boys. Otherwise, I'm pretty much in a musical rut these days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Haddock said...

The disco era really was a dark and bleak era for music!

7:19 AM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

I sometimes forget it was a world-wide phenomenon ....

11:16 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am ashamed to say that I don't know that song. But then again, I was only 2 years old in 1979 . . . so why do I have gray hair?

9:10 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Mike B said...

I got my first grey hair at the age of 25, and that was a while ago ....

7:49 PM, November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home